29 April 2011

Crafter's Closet Part Two...

...so, in the end I managed, and got the first project out of the way. After arranging things back and forth for a while, I went with this...


I do try to think things through beforehand, but then often switch plans along the way. This time it was the handles that gave me some trouble. I didn't like the idea of fabric ones for these library bags as they tend to get stringy over time. Belt straps just didn't seem to fit with the look. In the end I confiscated two old brown leather belts from the husband (He is already used to my prying eyes when I'm looking for crafting material).



Et voilá: Two sturdy linen bags with re-purposed belts to carry tons of wonderful tales, books on horses and occasional comics around with (Lucky Luke is favorite these days).
On to the next project, which I'll show you coming week...

In the mean time: Have a nice weekend!
I'll be leisurely walking and looking for small surprises on Munich's biggest flea market of the year tomorrow
!

2 comments:

Pomona said...

It's a lovely bag - and a good idea to do leather handles.

Pomona x

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.