20 January 2011

World of Washi

During my shopping tour for Christmas in December, I made myself a little present by picking up a set of masking tape. I have been wanting to try out this pretty material for a while, and now, I finally came round doing it. I'm thrilled about the texture, the quality and the how easy it sticks, can be peeled off, sticked on again. All without ruining the surface and the tape itself.

First project I tried it on were our bed-side lamps. Just looking at them already made me fall asleep. Nice side-effect maybe, but not during the day.
A paint spray session, a bit of easy math
to get the pattern right, and a lot of fun tape cutting, brought me a fresh pair of lamps.


And, as I thought my better half would prefer something more geometrical instead of the flowery stuff, I made a pattern variation but with the same tape. Two different shades, but the same style. I like that.

last but not least, when it comes to lamp shades: The light shines through it wonderfully!
I'm addicted. Washi tape for all, I'd say!

4 comments:

Anni said...

Nice!

Claudia said...

Heel erg leuk! Hopelijk kun je er nog van slapen! Nog bedankt voor je lieve reactie op de geboorte van Oskar. Hartelijke groeten vanuit een grijs Nederland, Claudia

Off The Peg said...

What a great way of using Washi tape! Nice work

Omiyage said...

Love it! Your lamp shades are so pretty - great idea