1 August 2010

Memory makers


I made small memory game for someone who left for a new life. While doing so, I realized we all make memories. Not for ourselves, but for others. By organizing a legendary party, by saying the right words, by sharing sorrowful times, by baking the best chocolate cake ever.

And as so many things happen without us being able to take any influence, it is a wonderful thing to be at the root of a pleasant memory. A bit like being Amelie Poulain, but without all the secret planning. Just spun naturally out of care and attention. Every day magic.

4 comments:

Dancing Beastie said...

What a beautiful thought. I shall take that with me today. Your fragment of Bavarian flag reminds me of a friend's wedding on the Chiemsee: the bride's bouquet was cornflowers, and we released blue and white balloons from the boat into the heavens...a gorgeous memory for the bride and groom to have given their friends.

Lisette said...

Heel mooi! Mooie foto ook :) En ik heb een klein cadeautje voor je op mijn blog...

kellie said...

I love the idea that we are always making memories for others! But its so true, some of my most treasured memories are of things done for or with me by other peoples, Things they have said that have touched my heart, my mind or my soul. I hope I have caused as many beautiful memories for me as I have for them

wideopenspaces said...

These are really fantastic and such a thoughtful gift. I don't think mine will look as professional as yours but I am going to give them a try.