18 May 2010

Colour Week - Blue

I wish I could post a photo of a nice blue sky here today. Maybe not the most original motive but definitely one I would have liked to have before my lens.

But no.The blue had to come from elsewhere. From Holland and Greece to be precise.


This isn't my home. It's a fisherman's cottage from the "Zuiderzee Museum" in Enkhuizen. Decorated in an old "Delfts Blauw" style but with a modern twist. The fun is in the detail here (i.e. all the smaller drawings and symbols), but unfortunately they cannot be seen very well on this picture. Best to go there yourself and have a peek.

The art supply store from Karin Schachinger here in Munich provided the second part of Blue. Luscious Grecian Blue wood paint, which I used on some desperate furniture a while ago.


Bits of Holiday during a cold month of May.

3 comments:

laundrygirl said...

Great shades of blue! Now I'm daydreaming of Greece!

curious girl (lisa) said...

there is nothing like a cool saturated shade of blue! lovely.

Karin (the Mrs.) said...

I love that Grecian blue. It's so rich, gorgeous!