28 March 2010

Bunny Business


Bunny: "Oi, Dee!"
Me: Oh, hello sweet bunny!"
Bunny: "I ain't no sweet bunny!"
Me: "Ok, well...just Bunny then."
Bunny: "Mr. Bunny. We need to talk".
Me (thinking that looks can deceive): "No problem, what is it you w...."
Bunny: "About working conditions."
Me: "Working-what?"
Bunny: "W-O-R-K-I-N-G C-O-N-D-I-T-I-O-N-S!"
Me: "But Bun', you don't work?!"
Bunny: "Ha! What about Easter then? Decorating eggs, dragging them around on my back, dangerous climbing, fending off cat-attacks while hiding the whole lot? That ain't work? I want a bunny bonus this year, otherwise I'm flying off to my cousin, who lives on St. Kitts, and I'll be drinking Pina Colada in the sun with my feet up instead. You choose.

Me: "Bunny, you can't go away! Not now, one week before Easter!
Bunny: " W-O-R-K-I-N-G C-O-N-D-I-T-I-O-N-S. Is all I’m sayin’."
Me: "OK, what do you have in mind?"
Bunny: "I want a Gucci bag, a fully stocked Egg-Decoration-Studio, and overtime pay in the form of an extra load of fresh carrots, baby spinach and 3 cubes of sugar. And I want a stylish hat.”
Me: “A stylish hat?”
Bunny: “Yeah, something that sets me apart from the other bunnies, you know.”
Me: “Hmmm, maybe a “Master Bunny” hat...?”
Bunny: “Master Bunny Hat. Sounds good. What about the rest?”
Me: “Well, the overpay seems do-able. Don’t know about the decoration studio though, as me and the kids normally do all of that, to be honest. And I fear that Gucci actually doesn’t design bunny-bags.
Bunny: “Well, they should.”
Me: “We can write them a letter.”
Bunny: “Yeah, yeah, fine. But I want a new bag now.”
Me: “It’s going to be difficult to find something that keeps all those eggs safe.”
Bunny: “Eggs? Who’s talking about eggs? I need it for my pocket mirror, my passport and my iPhone. This job is a logistic nightmare, and I have to look good in case I get photographed.”
Me:”….would this work?”




Bunny: “I’ll go with it.”
Me: “No St. Kitts then?
Bunny: “Nope. Not this year.”

2 comments:

Kirschbl├╝ten said...

ts- how far did we come, when we have to grease easter bunnies?
very cute bag, though.

Miss Muffin said...

loved that post!