15 November 2009

Sally's sister

Remember Sally Spruce? She actually has a twin sister.
After Sally's make-over dear "sis" got a bit jealous. Everytime I walked by, she would "accidentally" push out a drawer, or grab my skirt with one of her little knobby hands.

Seeing things from her perspective, I had to admit she was right. So I got out the Carta Fiorentina, which I had been keeping for a while, and got to work.
As the design on the paper is handprinted, it is slightly irregular. This makes it all the more beautiful and charming in my eyes, but also a bit harder to work with. A lot of measuring and careful cutting was needed. But I got it sorted out, and here she is:




A bit old-fashioned, a dab of gold, the somewhat unusually coloured paper (I mean chocolate brown, orange, gold, baby blue, navy blue, turquoise. Who makes this up?), and a no-nonsense shape. I like her.

Now I'm back to doing some pre-pre-christmas crafting, writing up a free bag pattern for the site, and hoping to see that afternoon sun shining into the room again. Like it did when I took the picture above.

2 comments:

Fledgling said...

Stop. Just STOP! You make me feel SO inadequate ;-))

No, no...keep going and going and going... THIS is beautiful. Some Marrakech in Munich.

Beautiful.

XOX -N.

Claudia said...

Op die manier zou je elk oud kastje achter het behang moeten plakken. Heel erg mooi!
Lieve groeten, Claudia