22 May 2009

Violet

A large part of colour is association. At least for me, as a visual person, it is.
When I see a specific kind of blue my braincells run to the "blue library" and come back with things like: "Oh, this is the kind of tired, jeansy blue your primary school work books used to have". "You' shouldn't really like it". Or: "Wow, new kinda blue here! Let's file it under "fascinating-plant-from-the-botanical-garden-blue".

So, today it's purple. Beautiful, still, but not a friend. Though it carries many associations for me it stays secretive, quiet, and when she speaks up, it's not always what I want to hear.
She gives my world of colour some edginess. And that, in the end, makes the whole just perfect.



9 comments:

kendalee said...

I love how people's filing systems work! Colour is so emotionally laden isn't it? Your purples are great. I especially love the shells!

parisa mahmoudi said...

So nice!My favorite is in the middle!
Fresh and bright! :)

Nic said...

what i really love the most about this post are your words.... i could double every statement... :)

curious girl (lisa) said...

beautiful! thank you for joining us and sharing!

Anairam said...

Purple perfection! Your pictures are exquisite - the pearly shells in porcelain, the flower, the beautiful fabric; I have just scrolled down again to look at your reds and pinks too. I definitely feel that some people have a natural understanding of colour - you are one of them. I do not have this. I find it quite difficult to see shades of colour, for example. For me red is red and blue is blue. But I can appreciate it when others (who have the gift of colour) describe it for me, or show me in their pictures. I think one of the problems for me is that I do not have proper words to describe the different and subtle colour variations, and so I do not see them. An example of how language defines one's experience!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

How have I managed to miss your lovely blog all week? Well, glad I mad it over to take a peek on the last day!
Love all of your purpley photos!
Shell

Anna said...

Das letzte Foto ist unglaublich schön. Was hast du als Motiv verwendet?

Chris said...

Lovely. I especially love seeing the word "Violet," which has always been a favorite girl's name of mine. Purple is so pretty....

Great pix!

Rooby Gloom said...

Von wegen liebe Diana, diese pinken Tüddelpuppen wohnen auch bei Uns!! Ich muss mir auch den ganzen Tag Barbie und das Diamantschloss anhöhren,der Nachteil einer Rockerfamilie ist in diesem Fall die gute und laute Musikanlage über die das alles gehöhrt wird.Ich weiss wovon Du redest!!!!
Mein Beileid(wo genau sind die Batterien bei diesen Dingern?)
.....fühl mich verbunden schalallalallaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Liebe Grüße
Ela