28 December 2008

shortest day, longest day, last day of the year

21st of December.

Dawn makes no effort to really become a day, but after stretching over hours of grey, slowly turns into an early dusk instead. Bayern, Hessen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Netherlands...on the other side of a long 8 hours drive, we find home again. To celebrate a wonderful Christmas.

All my Christmas pictures turned out blurred. Apart from the one on which my husband proves to be Jude Law's older brother. But I get no permission to post that. It might have been the Sauternes and all the goodness that followed during the Christmas dinner, the mock-up karate I still play with my brother (after all these years...), silly giggles with the girls, that last piece of meringue pie, which made me unable to move for a while. The constant drizzle (honestly, what's wrong with some SNOW over Christmas now and then ???).


I hope you all had a fabulous time yourselves with family, friends, loved ones and I wish you all something (or rather: A lot!) to look forward to in 2009. Let it's 365 brand new days be good, beautiful, easy-going and surprising!





I'll take a blog break for a couple of weeks - maybe just a quick post here and there - we'll see! But I'll be back again. Take care!

3 comments:

david santos said...

Brilliant!!!

Happy New Year...

Mela said...

enjoy your brake :o)
and have a very happy new year!!!

Nic said...

happy new year, diana!

may there be many happy moments waiting for you an your family in 2009!

xo
nic

p.s. tell your husband he's a wet blanket! :oD