15 September 2008

Messages the world sends you...

Just like the last time I was taken by surprise...
...Yesterday, I was going about, minding my own business (In fact I was cooking the first wintery soup of the season,) when a snippet of celery dropped on the floor. As I picked it up to throw it away, I actually saw what it was.




A few times in my life my heart must have looked like this (don't mind the bruises, that's just a surface thing). Small and very light. So light that it would just leave me, on a breeze, following its own path (see the threads still sticking out?). Changing things for ever.

Knowing it can be so vulnerable and small, but give my life a tremendous strength at the same time made me happy on this particularly grey and dreary day.

Hmmm....things a snippet of celery can do...

1 comment:

lissilulu said...

beautiful post....my heart has been a bit heavy lately but starting to lighten a bit..
Lori