Here's how to do it:
1. Go to Amsterdam
2. Spend an hour or so in the Kitsch Kitchen Shop. (Knowing it's not what it used to be and really too expensive...).
3. Buy stuff anyway. In particular an over the top plastic tablecloth.
4. Have your parents AND parents in law INSIST you take a ton of food home with you.
5. Add this to the ton you already bought yourself.
6. Drive 750 kilometres in a car jammed with suitcases, weekend bags, buggys, toys, blankets, shoes and numerous plastic bags filled with food and other random things.
7. Hope that one day you'll actually be travelling a tad more glamourous. For instance with a matching set of 2 or 3 suitcases. It doesn't have to be Louis Vuitton.
8. Come home and enjoy your breakfast the next day with lots of butter, good old "hagelslag" and soft, preferably white, bread.
9. Look at all the pictures you made, think of the great time everybody had and just feel good about being home again.