19 June 2007

I see, I see

Looking at this batch of fabric hanging out to dry, I "recognised" the Vida dress my youngest so desperately wants after seeing her big sister in one. You take a guess which fabrics I used ;))


As making the first dress was fun, I was more than happy to have an excuse for the next one. Now that it is almost finished, I realize that I (unconsciously) picked the colours and fabric combinations which fit the difference in temperament and character of my girls.

Also a new bag has to be made (a gift), for which I picked up some red and white fabric that I want to use. Presently it still comes in the shape of a sturdy 70-ies style apron. I couldn't supress a smile reading it's tag: "Immerschlank" ("Everslim").

It just sounds so old fashioned, and well...funny. Sure, there's no need to look clumsy in a apron-dress, or to wear just plain white ones. But personally, I wouldn't expect this apron to achieve an "Everslim" effect and to be honest: I wouldn't care too much either ;)

In the mean time...whoever used to wear it: thanks for keeping it in such a good state. I'll be careful with it and not let it go to waste...

2 comments:

Fledgling said...

So, from the first dress I'm guessing that your elder daughter is sentimental, introspective, creative, imaginative, intellectual, poetic ... The younger one MUST then be a spitfire: A singer, dancer, tantrum-thrower, painter ...

If that is the case, my guess is you chose pure primaries and attention-grabbing tertiaries: The yellow (5th from top) and blue (8th) calicos and threw in some of the gingham to mix it up a bit.

Have fun!

-N.

mooi hoor... said...

Nancy you are góóóóód (of course)!

The yellow one is in, there's a bit of gingham (vichy) and I thought long and hard about the blue but it just wasn't right (which is difficult to see on the picture). So I picked red as the combination colour. It's going to be..ehhh...BRIGHT! But I'm sure Annemarie will carry it off with her blond hair and her "freches Früchtchen" attitude ;)